NEW!! sBox Extreme 18" WiFi
Out of stock!! Please click 【@】to leave a message on the top right corner of the webpage if you are ready to pre-order
NEW!!! sBox Extreme 18" Wifi Features:
- -SB Reef Lights proprietary layout and spectrum
- -Better Coverage Area
- -Wifi control through IOS (Apple) or Android through new app with weather effects and linear ramping.
- -Moon light channel
- -165w (55x3w diodes)
- -Upgraded, quieter fans - higher CFM flow
- -Upgraded mounting legs with larger set screws(16 to 30") Hanging kit also included
- -2 year USA warranty
Brand new WiFi app! No more entering 48 different set points for each channel. Enter start, peak and end. The program does the rest. Want more points? Add away. Want weather effects like rolling clouds and lightning? Got 'em! Store multiple programs for acclimating new coral. Control multiple units with our a router. Basically everything wrong with the old app has been fixed. See demo video below from MACNA 2018. Same app and effects as on the ULTRA!
New 18" upgrades!
- Larger foot print with rounded ends for more even PAR coverage end to end. No longer looks like a black box. It's thinner as well. The 2" longer body adds strength when using mounting legs over 30" tanks.
- Spectrum!!! Talking to customers we found most set the blue channel 25-50% higher than the white channel. This means driving the blue channel harder than needed and wasting much of the white channel's potential. So we added more 420nm Violet to the blue channel and moved more 450nm blues to the white channel. The result is a light you can set closer to 50%-50%, giving more total usable power for deeper tanks, or longer life by driving the channels at a lower level for shallower tanks.
- New top mount set screws for mounting legs. Adjust securely with your thumb. Allows us to use new brackets with an "L" shape instead of a "U" shape. Legs and brackets are anodized aluminum. We refuse to use plastic to hold up our lights, they are simply too heavy. There is a reason our light is almost 3 pounds heavier than a MarsAqua. Quality of components and a thicker heat sink. Velcro will be included for extra security in attaching brackets to tank trim.
New App downloads: (Scan QR code) - Free download, feel free to play around with the app prior to purchasing a light!
Log on Password for new WiFi is Awise123
So what makes this spectrum so great, besides the great aesthetics it provides?
Simple, where most black boxes like MarsAqua, GalaxyHydro, Reef Radiance, Evergrow and Reef Breeders use a shotgun method approach, loading in as many different diodes as possible, hoping to hit the right wavelengths, we instead, as seen below, hit all of the key photosynthesis points hard. No wasted energy in wavelengths that do not benefit coral growth and color.
The cross point of Chlorophyll A and C is 447nm, that is where Zooxanthallae are most efficient. We hit it very hard. Also note 420nm is where Chlorophyll A peaks and we hit that hard as well. We have more 420nm than any other black box. Also note 420nm is a trigger wavelength that tricks corals into thinking they are in shallower water, resulting in development of more protective pigment "Color". Note we don't hit the 470nm peak of Chlorophyll C as hard, there is a valid reason for this. Chlorophyll C saturates at a lower photon energy, and has a much lower density in most typical corals than Chlorophyll A. This means adding more energy there adds no value after a point. Instead we do something no other black box lights do, we hit the secondary absorption point of the cartenoids present in the Chloroplast hard. The cartenoids absorb the 490nm wavelength and convert the energy into a source the chloroplast can better use. The Cartenoid Peridinin is present in higher concentration than Chlorophyll C as well. We also hit the 660nm peaks of Chlorophyll A&C. Finally we have 395nm True UV, which not only adds to coral flourescence, but development of protective color pigments by again tricking the coral into thinking it's in shallower water. The issue with true UVs though is that the UV actually destroys the lens over time. We have solved this problem by finding a better quality diode with a silica lens instead of plastic. Makes for a little more expensive diode, but it will last more than the 1 year max you get out of a typical plastic lens. For our white channel, we have just enough green and yellow for aesthetics, with the bulk of diodes in the 14K range. We also have 20K diodes, something no other black box has. This provides for a crisp white with hints of blue.
That means our light provides more PUR than any other black box, while helping to provide coral coloration only possible with T5s before.
Not all black boxes are created equal! We will put our growth rates and coral color up against any LED, even the trendy high priced fixtures. Add to that quieter fans that have higher CFM for cooler operating temperatures and longer diode life, Built in mounting legs and hanging kit, and finally a 2 YEAR USA WARRANTY!! All for much less than other premium black boxes.
3 Part Video showing how to use the new app system, including weather effects and ramping sunrise/sunset effects.